January 27, 2006

Sock Monkey Status


Ok, so, yes, it's been forever since I've posted, so sue me. Here's my update on my sock monkey speech. I have officially given it at two tournaments with impressive results. Pacific Invitational is a huge 2 day tournament that had 30 people giving my type of speech. I made it to finals and ended up getting second place overall. Not bad for my first tournament ever! Ok, my second tournament was just last week and only had about 20 people doing my type of speech. Although the numbers were smaller, the competition was stiffer. I ended up getting third overall, losing to a speech about punctuation and one about the SAT's. So, sock monkeys are holding their own, getting tons of laughs, and will continue to play a prominent roll in the Oregon speech circuit. Wish me luck!

No comments: