December 31, 2006

The Pursuit of Happyness

I saw a great movie the other day, it was called "The Pursuit of Happyness". No, I didn't misspell "Happiness", that's how the movie's title is spelled. Anyway, it has Will Smith in it and is definitely a feel good movie. Here's why I mention it (other than urging you to go see it). Will Smith has to solve a Rubik's Cube in the movie. In fact, it plays a quite important role in the film. Now, not only was I wearing my Rubik's Cube shirt at the theater, but I was also fully expecting the whole Rubik's Cube thing to be somewhat of a joke, I didn't expect him to actually solve it. I thought he'd twist it for a bit and then all of a sudden the scene would cut and then it would cut back and he'd finish up. Nope! Apparently Will Smith actually learned how to solve a Rubik's Cube for the movie and can solve it in about 2 and a half minutes. That's not too bad! There were two things that really impressed me about the cube in the movie:

1) The movie was set in the 80's, right when the Rubik's Cube came out. Whoever was in charge of props actually took the time to go out and buy an original, 1981 Rubik's Cube with the original logo in the center white square. Kudos to that person, give them a raise producer peoples!

2) I was watching the method he was using to solve it and recognized it! Will Smith solves the cube the SAME EXACT WAY I do! That means, he went to the same website I did to learn! Which website is that? Do you really want to be as cool as Will Smith and Michael Snively? If you want to be able to solve the cube the same as both of us, go here. Enjoy!

Ssee the movie, solve the cube, have a nice day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that movie, it definitely was a feel good movie, and of course teh rubix cube was and added bonus!

I adored it, it was a very nice movie, and very happy!

Jenny said...

that's how I solve the cube, too! :D