February 07, 2008

SPAMMED HARDCORE FTW OMGXORZ

Spam frequents the internet and I've noticed that it normally haunts certain individuals more than others. I've been lucky up until this point, receiving very little spam. I attribute most of this to Gmail's amazing Spam filters.

The MIT Blogs get about 20,000 hits a day and are prime objectives for SpamBots, leaving nonsensical comments and linking to inappropriate websites. Recently I fell under attack by a SpamBot and the results were so overwhelming that I felt the need to post about it here. Luckily all of these comments were blocked by MovableType (the blog software we use for the MIT blogs) but I still received an e-mail every time one was published. How many Spams? How long did it take? I took a screenshot of my inbox, just check out the times to the right.

CLICK TO ENLARGE


It's the most aggressive Spamming I've seen, so kudos to you Spambot, now GET OFF MY BLOG!

No comments: